- For the PSP and iOS game, see Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.
- For the manga, see Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Manga).
- For the light novel, see Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Light Novel).
- For the live-action movie, see Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Live Action Movie).
The Book of Shadows is a dark, magical tome filled with instructions on how to perform various spells.
Details[edit | edit source]
Spoiler Warning!: Spoilers for Corpse Party: Book of Shadows follow
The book is crafted from human skin and animal hides, and has a skull design sewn onto the front cover. There are two scratch marks resembling two Fuþark (Futhark) runes, Ansuz and Hagalaz, on the upper left and bottom right corner of the cover respectively.
The contents of the book contain instructions on numerous spells and rituals written by witches of the olden days. Due to many Witch Hunts killing off Witches, magic was shunned. In order to ensure that all knowledge of magic was not forgotten, they created the Book of Shadows and passed it down from generation to generation.
The book eventually ended up in the possession of Yoshie Shinozaki, and remained in the hidden basement of her home long after her death, only to be found later by Ayumi Shinozaki and Naomi Nakashima.
Known spells[edit | edit source]
- Land of Corpses: A spell to open the door of the dead - Assumed to be the spell used by Yoshie to create the alternate dimension version of Heavenly Host Elementary School.
- Raising of Corpses: A spell to resurrect the dead - A forbidden spell capable of reviving the dead, but may also curse the casters. The spell requires two casters.
- Fact Loop: A spell only the former master of Heavenly Host, Sachiko can use allowing her to revert time. Even if the same fate cannot be avoided, the road taken to get there may differ.
Significant plot details end here.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows[edit | edit source]
Corpse Party: Blood Drive[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Book of Shadows is based off of a book also known as the Book of Shadows. The one in real life contains religious texts and magical ritual instructions for Wiccans.
- The Fuþark (Futhark) runes on the Book of Shadows have symbolic meanings:
- Ansuz stands for god or divine breath. It represents stability, order, knowledge, and wisdom.
- Hagalaz stands for hail. It represents disruption, interference, and warning of dangers.